Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise! Proverbs 6:6

We started staining the front of the house.

And I am really not sure if I like the color.

But now it is mostly finished so I guess I will have to learn to like it.

And yes-I do remember that the last time we stained the house I said I would never do it again.
It is a hot, miserable, tedious, sticky, exhausting job.

While we have been staining we have missed going out to sit on the porch swing and drink our morning coffee. When we took the porch swing down I painted it and another one to match. They are sitting on the deck teasing and motivating me to hurry and finish the staining so we can hang them up and get back to spending our mornings together.

It won't be long now and when this side of the house is finished we will be a quarter of the way finished and will start the next project......

The sun room. Or Florida room as it is referred to here in Southwest Virginia.

Then I will get the privilege of staining it as well.

And it really will be a privilege. I have begged and pleaded for a sun room for years and my sweet husband is building it first-oh I feel so loved and pampered.

Actually I think he has an alternative motive for building it first. He needs somewhere dry to store his tools and other building apparatus and where better than a sun room?

Really it will work well. I won't have tools and trim and extension cords in my living room OR on the newly stained front porch. And it will only be until the garage is under roof.

Oh and...... we have someone here laying block for the foundation of the addition!

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..............

No comments:

Post a Comment