Saturday, April 2, 2011

Learning to have charitable judgement

I read this post by Tara Barthel and felt I could relate.
I have had uncharitable judgment for so many people.
And there are days when I know others are having uncharitable judgment toward me.

It is hard to assume that things happen, that people do or say hurtful things in ignorance or unintentionally. Just hard.

There have been times when I have gone to church exhausted and left without speaking to others-but I always give myself grace because I know what is going on in my life. I know my reasons.
And they are ALWAYS good reasons.
At least they are to me.

Giving others the same grace I want for myself is one of the most difficult things I have ever had to learn to do. And I am still learning to live this prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment