Monday, January 17, 2011

Oxymorons

I have been in love with oxymorons since I learned what they were...and I'm not telling you when that was.

oxymoron: a figure of speech by which a locution produces an incongruous, seemingly self-contradictory effect, as in "cruel kindness" or "to make haste slowly."

I guess the the title of this blog is an oxymoron of sorts.

A sojourner travels, they wander.

To rest means to be still.

How can a sojourner find rest?

Be still and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth! Psalm 46:10

So, we are attempting to be still.

To learn to be quiet and breathe in and breathe out.

To find peace. Serenity.

And for your enjoyment:

Oxymoron List-The Biggest Little List of Oxymorons Online











No comments:

Post a Comment